Here at Protocol Education we are looking for inspirational Learning Support Assistants to work with children with MLD (Moderate Learning Difficulties) in the South Yorkshire area. We are looking for learning support assistants that have a positive and creative approach and encouraging the pupils to engage and learn. We have been working with schools across South Yorkshire and the surrounding areas assisting them with their supply staffing requirements since 2002.
About the role:
• Ensure the pupils needs are met and are supported in any way that is needed
• Experience supporting pupils with Moderate Learning Difficulties.
• Personal care may be involved with the role
• Working both 1:1 and within small groups supporting pupils with MLD.
• Work with classroom teachers and subject leaders to support them with the class
• Be confident with dealing with any challenging behaviour
• Working with children aged 3-11
Requirements for the role:
• Transferrable skills from a different profession, such as a care background/Social Worker/Sports Coach/Graduate of Psychology/Ex-Military/Police are desirable
• Experience in a learning support assistant role is essential.
• Have regard for the need to safeguard pupils’ well-being by following relevant statutory guidance along with school policies and practice
• Current valid DBS or the willingness to obtain one
• Able to provide two years’ worth of employment references
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.