A School in Sandwell are seeking a Learning Support Assistant to join their team. The school is looking for an individual who is encouraging, non-judgmental, patient, easy to talk to, positive, and adaptable. You must be able to speak to students in a manner that encourages and supports them, enabling you to establish trusted relationships. You will work with students of all ages and abilities on a 1:1 basis in the classroom. There will also be opportunities to mentor students and provide small group interventions.
No prior experience working in a school is necessary however any childcare based experience would be highly beneficial.
This role would be perfect for an undergraduate considering a career in teaching or working with children who is looking to gain further experience.
What we are looking for;
· Reliable TAs with a passion for making a real difference in a short period of time
· Happy to travel between 30-45 minutes.
· Pro-Active Undergrads
· Available Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 16:00, long-term and full time.
What we can offer;
· Weekly pay – paid through PAYE
· Work local to Sandwell
· A professional and dedicated consultant on hand to help with any queries
· Access to continuous training and development opportunities
· A supportive and welcoming school community
· The chance to make a real difference in the lives of young learners
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.