Position: Learning Support Assistant
Contract Type: Part & Full Time
Working Hours: Varied
The role of a Learning Support Assistant is to provide academic and pastoral support so that students with Special Educational and Learning Needs enjoy the same academic experience as their classmates.
You will work within the classroom and lead specific groups of students in pre-set work or tasks. There will be some one-on-one work with individual students. As a learning Support Assistant you will be enriching the learning of students who have a range of SEN or Learning Needs. This a position where you can truly make a difference and where each day will bring new challenges and rewards.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Previous experience working with children with additional needs or a strong desire to work with such children.
- The ability to follow EHCPs (Education, Health, and Care Plans) or other educational plans designed to carer to individual learning needs.
- A genuine passion for making a positive impact on the lives of students with Special Educational Needs.
- The ability to create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment, foster the growth and development of every child.
- Patience, empathy and understanding to support students’ diverse learning requirements.
- A proactive and flexible approach, capable of adapting to various situation and challenges that may arise.
What we offer:
- A competitive pay rate.
- Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (no hidden umbrella costs).
- A team and professional and experienced consultants to guide you.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme.
- Access to over 50 online courses – available to Diploma and Certificate level.
- Representing and trusted by more than 4000 clients across the UK – being a preferred supplier to schools.
- We’ve assistant over 10,000 candidates being gainfully employed.
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role – please apply now. Or if you wish to discuss this role, please contact Jamie at Protocol Education on 01273 253196 or email email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.