Learning Support Assistant (LSA) Location: Reigate
Are you passionate about supporting students with diverse learning needs? We are currently seeking a dedicated and compassionate Learning Support Assistant to join our team at a school in Reigate. As an LSA, you will play a crucial role in providing individualized support and fostering an inclusive learning environment for students.
- Collaborate with teachers to develop and implement tailored learning plans for students with special educational needs (SEN)
- Provide one-on-one and small group support to students, offering assistance with academic tasks and promoting independent learning
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment by promoting social integration and emotional well-being
- Adapt teaching materials and resources to meet the individual needs and learning styles of students
- Assist with personal care tasks, if required, ensuring the safety and dignity of the students
- Monitor student progress and maintain accurate records of their achievements and areas for improvement
- Collaborate with parents, teachers, and other professionals to provide comprehensive support for students with SEN
- Experience working with students with special educational needs is highly desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with students, parents, and colleagues
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to build rapport with students
- A flexible and adaptable approach to accommodate individual learning needs
- Ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions from teachers and SEN coordinators
- Understanding of safeguarding procedures and commitment to ensuring the welfare of students
Application Process: Please submit your resume and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Apply today and contribute to creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.