SEND Teaching Assistant - Swindon
A SEND school in Swindon is looking for an experienced Learning Supprt Assistant to join their team.
A unique provision where students are guided along their personalised paths to independence and interdependence. The school is innovative and inclusive for all its learners and provides a safe, stimulating learner centre environment.
- Under the direction of the Tutor/Lecturer, provide support and assistance in the development and education of our learners
- Undertake tasks related to the Learning setting and outside activities such as work placements and provide basic supervision and care skills
- Regular mandatory training to be undertaken to safeguard and promote the welfare of our learners at the College and other premises
- The postholder will be trained for, and then provide personal care, which could include toileting, feeding, manual handling and medical procedures
- In the absence of the Tutor the post holder will be required to deliver prepared and planned lessons
The successful applicant will:
- Have strong communication skills
- Deal with situations calmly and sensitively
- Have a collaborative approach and be able to work closely with other staff and families
- Care deeply about pupils academic, emotional and personal development
- Have a supportive and encouraging attitude, to inspire trust and to motivate students
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the student, depending on their individual communication and learning skills
- Have drive and determination
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- PAYE – No hidden fees or costs
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
Start - ASAP
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.