Learning Support Assistant
A Salisbury based Secondary School with an inclusive ethos, are looking to appoint a full-time Teaching Assistant to work both 1:1 and in small groups, to support pupils with additional educational needs.
This role will suit a candidate who is passionate about providing positive learning opportunities for their pupils and who is also committed to developing themselves professionally.
Experience of working in an education setting is desirable, but not essential. A candidate with relevant, transferrable skills will still be considered.
- Gives a kind, supportive, and welcoming ethos, that will allow you to develop personally and professionally
- Offers an environment where excellence is the aim in everything they do
- Have fully covered bike sheds, to encourage cycling to work
- Is passionate about their impact on the environment and are leading by example in their approach to help the planet, using green technology throughout the school
- Support certain individuals and small groups through learning both in lesson and through extra interventions
- Support classroom teachers with general classroom teaching and control when required to do so
- Work as part of the SEND and wider teaching staff team
The successful applicant will:
- Have strong communication skills
- Deal with situations calmly and sensitively
- Have a collaborative approach and be able to work closely with other staff and families
- Care deeply about pupils academic, emotional and personal development
- Have a supportive and encouraging attitude, to inspire trust and to motivate students
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the student, depending on their individual communication and learning skills
- Have drive and determination
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- PAYE – No hidden fees or costs
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.