Learning Support Assistant
A thriving, vibrant and welcoming secondary school in the heart of Weston-Super-Mare are looking to appointment new members to join their collaborative Learning Support teams. The school believe in a curriculum that takes account of students’ previous learning, one which sets high expectations and standards for all students regardless of their starting points, with the aim of enabling and preparing them for continued success in the future. The school are passionate about students following their dreams and goals and it is vital that any applicants share the same vision.
The successful applicant will work on either a 1:1 or small group basis with students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) or Social Emotional Mental Health needs (SEMH). These needs could range from Autism through to ADHD and Anxiety. Training and support will be implimented for you, but the successful applicant must be someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about working with young people.
Hours: 8.30am-3.30pm, Monday to Friday (If you are seeking a part-time opportunity, we strongly encourage you still apply)
Start: As soon as possible, dependant on DBS and compliance checks.
If you are unsure if you are a suitable candidate for this role, individuals who have excelled in similar roles have had backgrounds in the following:Education, Youth Work, Social Care, Working within the NHS or private medical fields, Volunteering with children or vulnerable adults, Teaching English as an additional language, Tutoring, Public Services, Education/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Counselling graduates
About the role:
- Supporting students with their learning
- Providing a safe and encouraging environment
- Giving reassurance and practical/ emotional support to students
- You will give consistency to the child, with the aim of improving their engagement with school/ learning
- Tailor your approach to fit the needs of the child, maximising their take aways from each lesson
The successful applicant will be:
- Reliable and punctual
- Dedicated to improving the lives and learning of the young people they support
- Either have prior experience of working with children and/or vulnerable adults, or have a strong desire to kickstart their career within education
- Able to 'think outside of the box' - creativity is a huge asset to schools, as many students will require bespoke support
- Empathetic in nature and having an understanding of some of the issues that young people may face today
- Understand that behaviour is a form of communication, and will actively try to manage and improve behaviour whilst looking at root causes
- Able to work well independently, but also collaboratively with others as part of a team
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay, increasing with experience
- Flexible or guaranteed work available, depending on your needs and existing commitments
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of expert who can guide you during your career within education
- Optional social events, varying from bowling to pizza nights
- CV support and Interview preparation and advice
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you for your referral
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.