Protocol Education are working closely with a number of mainstream secondary schools in the London borough of Richmond Upon Thames who are seeking to appoint a number of Learning Support Assistants to join them. Starting ASAP on a temp to perm contract.
This is a non-teaching post which will give the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to work closely with young people supporting them in their school life, helping them to access a varied and exciting curriculum.
As a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) you will be part of a team working under the direction of the SENCo, or allocated for day to day management to the Leaders of Mathematics, English, Science or other departments.
The school also has a large provision for Autism and has a lot of students who require 121 support throughout the day.
- Attend to the students’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first-aid and welfare matters.
- Supervise and provide particular support for students, including those with special Needs and EAL, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal care Programmes.
- Establish good relationships with students, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- To monitor and record progress of students and write reports on students with SEN Needs (including those with EHC Plans) as necessary.
- To work as a mentor with individual students to provide ‘solution focused’ activities to overcome barriers to learning, both inside and outside school and thereby assist them in achieving their full potential.
- Assist in the overall raising of standards and achievements for students with SEN and/or EAL through raising students’ self- esteem, expectations and aspirations.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.