Protocol Education are currently working with a Mainstream Primary School in Islington who are looking for LSA’s to join them in January.
About the school:
Based in Islington, this mainstream Primary School has a large proportion of students severe social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH) and a range of students with ASD and other SEND.
The school are looking for a positive, flexible and motivated Learning Support Assistant to help across the school and help out where needed.
About the Role:
Working as a learning support assistant you will provide support for students with SEMH and SEND needs who may find it difficult or be reluctant to engage in education. This will include building rapport with students and creating positive relationships which influence them to regulate their behaviour. Initially you will work on a temporary basis however there could be the opportunity for a school to offer you a permanent position should they require.
What we need from you:
If you have previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant or are passionate about improving the outcomes for young people this is the role for you. As an individual you will be outgoing and confident in your abilities to deal with behavioural difficulties and re-engaging students in education.
It is desired (although not essential) that applicants have a qualification in Team Teach and experience in dealing with young people who have SEMH needs and SEND needs.
What Protocol can offer:
• A dedicated consultant who understands the importance of finding the right role for you, allowing you to get the best out of your employment.
• Access to over 50 CPD courses of Diploma and Certificate level, used to help further your understanding and help you progress further within your career.
• Flexibility - Whether you’re wanting full or part time work, Protocol can work around you. We can offer you daily, long term or even permanent work.
• Competitive Rates
• Refer a friend scheme: £250 to any candidate who refers an individual who begins working for Protocol
• The opportunity to work with an agency who have gained recognition within our industry, through awards and accreditations.
If you are interested in this role apply now and a consultant will be in touch.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.