Protocol Education is a leading education recruitment agency, providing high-quality teaching and support staff to schools across the UK. We are currently seeking a dedicated and passionate Learning Mentor to work with children with Special Educational Needs at a reputable school in Southwark to start ASAP!
As a Learning Mentor you will be an integral part of the children’s educational journey, providing essential support to help them achieve their full potential, contributing to their personal and academic development.
- Provide tailored support to the children .
- Assist the children with their learning, social, and emotional development.
- Implement strategies and resources to meet the person centred and specific needs of the children
- Foster a nurturing and inclusive learning environment.
- Collaborate with the school's SEN team and classroom teacher.
- Monitor and record the children’s progress and provide feedback to the school.
- Previous experience working with children with SEN
- A genuine passion for supporting children with diverse learning needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to adapt to individual learning styles.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a school environment.
Why Choose Protocol Education:
- Competitive pay rates.
- Support and guidance from a dedicated consultant.
- Access to professional development and training opportunities.
- A chance to make a real difference in a child's life.
If you are interested, please apply ASAP and we will get back to you within 48 hours!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.