This school is a collaborative and achievement-oriented environment, as we seek a dynamic and committed Learning Mentor to make a positive impact on students facing learning challenges. They foster a friendly atmosphere valuing teamwork and excellence in all aspects of our work with young individuals.
The role :
- To offer support and guidance to children and young individuals encountering challenges in learning due to social, emotional, behavioural issues, or other concerns.
- Provide focused mentoring for students facing obstacles in learning, utilizing developmental group work, in-class assistance, and one-to-one strategies.
- Develop individualized action plans to monitor progress and assess impact, particularly for students with social, emotional, and mental health needs.
- Engage relevant agencies, pastoral teams, and other departments to address the needs of students and their families.
- Focus on issues such as unauthorised absences, enhancing academic achievement, minimizing exclusions, and addressing anti-social behaviours.
- Jointly develop strategies to overcome barriers, including addressing attendance, truancy, and punctuality concerns.
- Use progress, attendance, and behaviour data to elevate standards.
- Maintain and enhance levels of attendance and punctuality through close collaboration with the attendance officer, Safeguarding team, students, and parents.
- Plan and deliver lessons/workshops tailored to the specific needs of the scheduled cohort.
- Collaborate with Senior Learning Mentors to establish appraisal targets aligned with departmental and school priorities.
- Establish appropriate contact with parents/guardians when necessary.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.