Learning Mentor - North Bristol
Protocol Education are recruiting for a Learning Mentor for a fantastic school in North Bristol. The school are looking for someone who is flexible and positive to join their team of dedicated and supportive staff. As a learning mentor, you will mainly work alongside the class teacher to support either groups of children or working on a 1:1 basis with children of a variety of needs. In addition to supporting children with their learning, the role would also involve helping to create a positive learning environment within the classroom, managing behaviour of the children whilst working and adhering to the safeguarding procedures of the school.
Experience is not essential and someone with transferable skills and a passion for making a difference to children's lives would be accepted.
Protocol are looking for someone who:
- Is committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for all pupils
- Has a calm and supportive nature
- Thrives when working in fast-paced environments
- Is able to work collaboratively
- Is proactive and can work flexibly in their approach
Here at Protocol, we can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay through PAYE
- Guaranteed work agreements that guarantee consistent work and income
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Social events including free bowling and pizza nights
- Termly awards that celebrate outstanding performance and commitment
- Ongoing honest, friendly and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 Bonus ‘refer a teacher/TA’ payment scheme
Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2022, REC audited, Investor In People, CPD Member
If this is an opportunity that interests you, apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.