Learning Mentor - Bristol
Protocol Education are recruiting for a Learning Mentor for an outstanding school in South Bristol. The school prides itself on being a successful school where children are at the centre of what they do and they are looking for someone to join their supportive, warm and welcoming school.
As a learning mentor you will mostly be working alongside the class teacher to provide support to the children and in many cases on a 1:1 basis. The needs of the children can vary, and in some cases the children may have complex learning difficulties.
Experience in a school setting isn't essential and someone with transferable skills would be accepted. The school are looking for someone who has a calm and reassuring nature and who is adaptable and flexible.
• To work alongside the class teacher in supporting children with their learning
• To manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they undertake their work and ensuring a constructive and positive environment is always enforced
• De-escalating situations within the classroom in the correct way certifying safeguarding procedures are always adhered
• Carrying out small group work and working with children with additional needs
• Reporting any safeguarding concerns using the school’s referral procedures and safeguarding policies.
• Someone who truly cares for the education of children and thrives in a fast paced environment
• A person who has a passion for making a difference to the lives of children
• Someone who has a calm and reassuring nature
• A positive attitude and a flexible and enthusiastic approach to their work
What you can expect from Protocol Education;
• An extremely competitive pay rate
• Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (No hidden umbrella costs)
• Social events, opportunity to network with other educational staff
• £250 bonus if you refer a friend to Protocol!
If this is the role for you, apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.