A special needs school in the Hinckley, Leicestershire area is looking for a kitchen assistant to complete the following tasks:
- Helping to preparing food for lunch times and other special events e.g. Christmas dinner
- Sanitizing and keeping the food preperation areas clean and tidy at all times
- Following the health & safety policies in place at all times
- Understanding food hygiene regulations and dangers of cross contamination
- Setting and clearing away the food hall
- Being a team player and proactive
- Following the chef's instructions in the kitchen
- Engage positively with children when serving food during break times
- Punctual and able to use own inititative
The successful candidate must show they have transferable skills to meet the criteria above and must be willing to engage when required with pupils who have Special Needs (SEND), understanding that the pupils may display challenging behaviours at times, therefore is is important to co-operate with the Teaching Assistants who are supporting the child.
Training is provided to successful eductors and all applicants must be willing to undertake the Food Safety Level 2 course online through the organisation (the course is free but mandatory to complete).
Working hours - Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3pm, term time only.
If you are interested in this post then please apply now with an up to date CV!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.