Job: HLTA wanted for Primary School in Thurrock
We are working with a school who are looking to employ a highly motivated and dedicated classroom practitioner with excellent organisational skills and a good rapport with children to be a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA). This is a varied role working with multiple year groups so someone comfortable working in all ages ranges would be best.
The successful candidate will:
- Have already completed the HLTA Qualification or NVQ Level 4 or equivalent (Desirable, but not essential)
- Have GCSE grades A-C in English and Maths
- Understand teaching and learning and be commited to raising standards
- Have a positive attitude
- Have the ability to engage, inspire, motivate and build relationships with children
Main Duties will include:
- To cover whole classes under direction of the teacher
- To deliver catch up and intervention programmes
- To support identified individuals/groups in class as required
We can offer you:
- Generous weeekly pay paid term time only
- Term time only work
- Candidate events
- Free CPD
- PAYE not admin costs
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.