Protocol Education are working with a Wiltshire Secondary school to appoint a History Teacher. The successful teacher will be inspiring, enthusiastic, and dedicated and will join a talented and collaborative teaching team. This role is to teach across Key Stage 3 & 4 classes. You need to be someone who shares the vision and belief that all children can exceed expectations, without limits.
History at the school offers students insight into local history and beyond, as well as opportunities to go on incredible trips to Berlin for GCSE and the Battlefields of the Western Front in Year 9.
One of the main strengths of the college is in the quality of the relationships staff and students build with each other. The staff believe that every child is entitled to learn in a safe and disruption-free environment. These are the foundations that the college is built on. As well as this, the school strives to prepare its students for adult life.
- Plan and deliver engaging History lessons in line with the school and National Curriculum
- Oversee a tutor group each morning. Ensuring all registration and morning tasks are completed.
- Ensure all marking is completed to a high standard, giving useful information to all students.
- Promote the schools ethos and values
- Maintain a good level of behaviour management in line with the schools behaviour policy
- Comply with all safeguarding policies and report and concerns using the correct procedures.
What the School are Looking for:
- Qualified Teacher status
- Evidence of high quality teaching standards
- Passion for teaching and who truly enjoys working with young people.
- Strong subject knowledge
- Ability to build strong, professional rapport with both staff and students
- Commitment to promoting the schools ethos and values
What we can Offer:
- Competitive pay rate – Based on experience and role
- PAYE so no hidden costs!
- CPD opportunities
- Parking and Bike storage on site
- Free social and network events
- Continued support from experienced education professionals
- Refer a friend scheme! – £250 for every friend you refer to Protocol Education
If you feel like this role would be right for you, please do not hesitate to get in touch!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.