Jan 2024 Start
Position: Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Are you an outstanding and dedicated classroom practitioner seeking a position in Hackney? Protocol Education is partnering with a college in Hackney actively seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
As a Higher Level Teaching Assistant, your primary responsibility will be to provide supervision and support to students, both individually and in group or whole-class interventions.
You will work closely with the classroom teacher, contributing to the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work, and teaching strategies.
This thriving college in Hackney is deeply committed to enhancing the educational outcomes of its students.
One of their core values is creating an inclusive environment where students are encouraged to reach their full potential, as evidenced by their 'Good' rating in their latest Ofsted report.
Responsibilities as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant:
- Collaborate with teaching staff to work with individuals or small groups of students.
- Actively support students with activities aimed at improving their numeracy and literacy skills.
- Assist SEN (Special Educational Needs) students in becoming proficient in using IT within the classroom.
- Foster positive behavior, enhance self-esteem, and cultivate an aspirational culture.
- Work with SEN students to promote their development as independent learners.
What the School Offers:
- Free parking for your convenience.
- A supportive and welcoming team of experienced staff.
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development.
- Optional flu vaccination.
If you meet the requirements of this Higher Level Teaching Assistant position and would like to be considered, we encourage you to apply promptly.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.