We are seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join a Secondary School
The role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant will involve leading small intervention groups for English and Mathematics as well as the occasional requirements to cover planned absences within the school.
Higher level teaching assistants take additional responsibilities, such as:
- Teaching classes on your own
- Covering planned absences
- Managing other learning support staff
- Preparing the classroom for lessons and tidying it up afterwards
- Assisting with lesson plans
- Supporting children across the curriculum
- Providing extra assistance to children with special needs
- Recording and reporting a student’s progress to the teacher
- Marking work
- Motivating and encouraging students
- Supervising students during school trips or activities
- Attending meetings
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly to teachers and students
- Active listening skills
- Compassion and sensitivity towards children
- Knowledge of the curriculum
- Ability to use a computer
- Can work well under pressure
- Ability to adapt to whatever the situation requires
- Maturity and professionalism
If you are interested in the role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant and would like to be considered, please apply immediately.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.