Recruting for Higher Level Teaching Assistants!
A lovely school in the Nottingham area (NG3) are needing a passionate, confident and organised HLTA to start asap. The role is a full time, permanent position, Monday - Friday 8.30-3.30/4pm, term time only.
If you are interested then please read the criteria below and apply today!
✔Must have right to work in the UK
✔Experience in a school, childcare setting
✔Experience or transferable skills to deliver lessons and support pupils confidently in the absence of the Teacher
• To work with children as part of a team under the overall direction of the Headteacher who will be responsible for the policy and educational programme and for matters of control and discipline within the National Curriculum Framework.
• To foster the participation of pupils in the social and academic processes of the school by recognising individual pupils’ needs and identifying and implementing appropriate responses. • Working independently in accordance within guidelines, to encourage pupils to become more independent learners and help to raise the standard of achievement and attainment for all pupils.
• To teach planned lessons to whole classes in EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 (PPA cover)
• To develop, plan, deliver and review learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils in accordance with best practice and national guidelines.
• To carry out specified duties with individuals, groups or classes under the direction of a qualified teacher in accordance with The Education (Specified Work & Registration) (England) Regulations 2003.
• To be aware of your responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of young persons whom you have contact with during the course of your duties. Duties and Responsibilities: Key Duties
• Through effective learning strategies, support all pupils to participate in learning activities. This will involve being aware of pupils’ needs, using appropriate equipment and materials and modifying resources as necessary to support pupils to participate and progress.
• Contribute to the planning and evaluation of teaching and learning activities by being clear of own role in delivery, sharing realistic ideas, offering constructive suggestions and giving feedback where appropriate
• Support pupils by having an awareness of individual needs, learning targets, and the relevant support required to assist pupils’ development, offering encouragement and feedback where appropriate.
• Lead planned sessions and activities in the absence of a teacher when required
• Contribute to the implementation of an effective behaviour management strategy, applying it fairly and consistently within clear boundaries and reinforcing positive aspects of behaviour. Provide literacy and numeracy support to individuals and groups to enable them to access the wider curriculum, whilst monitoring progress and dealing with challenges as they arise. Specified Work
• Carry out specified work in order to assist or support the work of a qualified teacher.
This is an ongoing and regular requirement of the post and is an integral element of the role at this level. Including:
• Collaborative planning and preparing lessons;
• Delivering lessons to group of pupils;
• Assessing the development, progress and attainment of pupils;
• Feedback on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
✍ Apply TODAY with your CV!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.