Protocol Education are currently seeking dedicated Health Care Teaching Assistants to work in a local school in Newcastle upon Tyne (United Kingdom).
We are experiencing a high demand for SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) Teaching Assistants to work in schools across the Newcastle upon Tyne area. We have roles beginning ASAP (pending clearance) up until Summer 2023.
This role may be suitable for someone with experience working within the Care Sector who is interested in utilising their skills within an educational setting.
- Working Monday-Friday 8:30am- 3:30pm (sometimes 8am-4pm)
- Supporting students in break times
- Assisting in field trips
- Supporting students in creative lessons such as music, art, dance and P.E.
- Developing speech and language
- Ensuring that the pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
- To develop knowledge of the particular needs of the children and seek advice from the SENCo, class teacher and outside agencies as required.
- Provide positive reinforcements, praise and rewards to pupils.
- Motivate pupils to learn and be sociable.
- Hold a university degree
- Have an Enhanced DBS/ be willing to obtain one
- Have excellent communication and team work skills
- Be able to work Monday-Friday (term time)
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with young children
We can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- £250 Refer a Friend Scheme
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are committed to working positively to provide the best possible learning opportunities for the schools pupils, Apply Now.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.