Protocol Education are currently seeking recent Graduates to work as Learning Support Assistants on a Full-time basis, with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH).
We are working with a number of local schools in the Newcastle upon Tyne area who are facing an increasing demand for additional support, amid the rise in the number of children diagnosed with SEND needs since the COVID-19 pandemic.
You will need an Enhanced DBS and suitable reference details for be cleared for work.
You will be:
- Supporting children with SEND on a 1:1 and small group basis.
- Ensuring that the pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
- Developing knowledge of the particular needs of the children and seeking advice from the SENCo, class teacher and outside agencies as required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a university degree
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the Right to Work in the UK
- Have an Enhanced DBS/ be willing to obtain one
We can offer you:
- £250 Refer a Friend Scheme*
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support throughout your placements from our dedicated team of experts
If you are committed to working positively to provide the best possible learning opportunities for the schools pupils, Apply Now.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.