Graduate Teaching Assistant
Protocol Education are in partnership with a secondary school in Southwark. We are currently looking for a Teaching Assistant to start ASAP. Experience isn’t essential so if you are driven and committed to improving and developing the lives of young people within schools… Apply!
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, you will:
- Be able to work effectively within a team
- Be a good listener and communicator with both teachers and children
- Be attentive towards the thoughts and feelings of the students
- Be able to remain composed when/if issues should arise
- Be a reliable support system for the children
- Help get the classroom prepared for upcoming lessons.
- Supporting teachers during lessons and helping with lesson material
- Offering help towards pupils while class is in session.
- Keeping an eye out on students during lessons
- Providing care for unwell or upset children
What we will offer:
- A friendly and supportive team
- A committed staff in relation to CPD, Line management and appraisal
- A wide range of health, well-being, and insurance benefits
If you believe you are the right person for the role, please don’t hesitate to reply ASAP. Successful candidates will be called in for the first interview in person.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.