Job Title: Graduate Teaching Assistant
Join Protocol Education in partnership with a secondary school in Hackney as we seek a dedicated Graduate Teaching Assistant to contribute to the academic growth of students.
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, your primary responsibilities will include working closely with students individually and in small groups. Your role involves providing support to both the classroom teacher and therapist, maintaining an effective learning environment, and assisting with various administrative tasks.
This role offers daily challenges and opportunities for professional development, supported by a team with extensive skills and experience. Previous experience in education is not mandatory; candidates with customer-facing backgrounds in retail or hospitality are encouraged to apply.
The school, a newly constructed all-through institution, boasts a wealth of resources and support systems to enhance the success of both staff and students.
Requirements for Graduate Teaching Assistant:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in numeracy and literacy.
- Competent ICT (Information and Communication Technology) skills.
- A positive and creative approach to meeting students' needs and improving their outcomes.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
What the School Offers:
- Supportive parents, carers, and community.
- A dedicated and actively involved governing body.
- Well-resourced learning environment.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Convenient access to public transport and street parking.
If you are enthusiastic about this Graduate Teaching Assistant position in Hackney, we encourage you to apply promptly.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.