Job Title: Graduate Assistant
Are you a recent graduate with a passion for education and a desire to make a difference in the lives of young people? Do you have strong interpersonal skills, a creative approach to problem-solving, and a dedication to excellence? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are working with a thriving co-ed secondary school in Westminster, London, who areseeking a dynamic and motivated graduate to join their team as a Graduate Assistant. In this role, you will work closely with teachers and students, providing support in and outside of the classroom and contributing to the development of educational programs and initiatives.
- Provide one-to-one and group support to students in various subjects
- Assist with the planning and delivery of educational activities and lessons
- Support teachers in the preparation of materials and resources
- Collaborate with colleagues to create a supportive and inclusive learning environment
- Encourage student engagement and participation in extracurricular activities
- Recent graduate in a relevant field (e.g. education, psychology, social sciences, english, maths, science)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, teachers, and parents
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to education and personal growth
This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate looking to kick-start their career in education and gain valuable experience in a supportive and dynamic environment. The school is committed to fostering a positive and inclusive culture, and they are looking for someone who shares their values and vision.
To apply, please apply immediately. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an intevriew with the schools SEN Co-ordinator and Deputy Head and may be asked to participate in a trial lesson, working alongside students.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.