Graduate Teaching Assistant
Days: 5 days, Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Pay: £70 - £90 per day
Start Date: March 2023
If you are a recent graduate in the following subjects - maths, English or science, or have a relevant qualification, and a passion for seeing others succeed, this may be the right role for you.
Protocol Education have partnered with a Primary School located in the London Borough of Enfield, to source maths, and English interventions to begin in March 2023. The role will involve supporting pupils in KS1 on a 1:1 and small group basis. The school are looking to employ a candidate who will work closely with the National curriculum, and deliver bespoke subject focused intervention session to support pupils to achieve their targets.
The school are looking to appoint someone who:
- Is a competent teaching assistant with at adequate experience
- Has an understanding of supporting pupils on a 1:1 and small group basis
- Has excellent communication skills and can build relationships quickly
- Is capable of leading small group interventions and facilitating progress effectively at KS1 level.
- Will be reliable and consistent staff member
- Is dedicated to working with students in order to raise attainment
The main duties of this role are:
- Working within KS1 students to develop numeracy and literacy skills
- Working with KS1 students in preparation for phonics screening tests
- Delivering content on a 1:1 basis with students falling behind target
- Leading small group intervention sessions, focusing on rapid progress
To take advantage of this great opportunity please apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.