Protocol Education are currently recruiting creative minded teaching assistants to work in a lovely special needs college located in Wandsworth, London. This particular school are recruiting teaching assistants with/without experience that are interested in making a positive difference to students learning and development. The role will be be supporting students both academically and socially in lessons that focus on numeracy, literacy, cooking, hand eye coordination, speech & language and recreational activities such as cooking, sports, music & art. Due to the nature of the role, candidates from creative backgrounds are encouraged to utilise their skills on a one to one basis and in a creative way, encouraging students to access and understand the task or objective at hand. This can include different types of expression such as art, music, sports and sensory approaches. This school are recruiting immediately and throughout the term.
- Located in Wandsworth, London
- Full time - Monday to Friday
- Long term opportunity with job security
- Supporting students in class ranging from 6 - 8 students per class
- Developing students academic and social skills through creative approaches such as art or music
- Supporting students in one to one sessions, music, art, P.E. and cooking
- Opportunity to be trained during the role
- Excellent transport links
- No umbrella companies meaning no hidden deductions
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a calm and consistent approach
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with learners and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge and have the suitable qualifications and personal qualities, we would encourage you to Apply Now or alternatively please submit your to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition we have other schools within Wandsworth and neighbouring boroughs that offer other long term opportunities. If you would like to know more please apply and you will be contacted to discuss this and additional roles.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.