Have you obtained your Bachelor of Education? Are you looking for experience within a school setting?
Protocol Education are recruiting a Learning support assistant/Teaching assistant in a SEND provision.
The students that attend the schools have a variety of special needs, either ASD/Social, Emotional, Mental Health needs (SEMH)/complex learning disabilities. A desire to assist in this area is required, but no experience is necessary!
Within this role you will utilise your knowledge of learning support, communication skills and creativity to develop a varied approach. You will be helping pupils with Special Education Needs and Disabilities understand the information presented, and you will support them throughout their education journey.
- Supervise pupils, ensuring their safety and ability to access learning activities.
- Assisting them to understand the information presented.
- Aid the execution of education plans suitable to each pupils’ learning objectives.
- Build a trusting relationship with pupils and communicate according to their understanding.
- Promote class interaction and ensure pupils engage throughout the lessons.
- Create an interesting environment for students.
- Assist pupils with practical activities using a variety of teaching aids.
- Look after their physical, social, and emotional welfare.
This is a long-term, full-time position so we are looking for candidates to be available 5 days a week between the hours of 8:30am-15:30pm.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.