Protocol Education are actively recruiting for a newly graduated student who's goal is to support children with SEN. The children you will be supporting will all have varying forms of SEN and your role will require flexibility.
If this sounds like you, then apply for this SEN Teaching Assistant role at a warm and welcoming school in Gateshead, which you have the opportunity to make a real impact in these childrens lives.
As a Teaching Assistant at the school, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced SEN Teaching Assistants, SEN Teachers, and Educational Psychologists within the Inclusion team. This school are keen to work with committed and talented graduates and are passionate about delivering the highest level of support to their children.
Long-term role, Full-time position, Mon Fri Paid 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant placement 70 to 80 per day (term-time only) Deliver Maths, English and creative intervention support. Help with emotional support, where you can act as a good role model for all pupils.
Work with highly experienced staff in the Inclusion team Supportive SLT Opportunity to work with industry professionals. Regular training and support by a welcoming SEN school.
Ideal (but not compulsory) - Qualifications 2:2 or above in any subject (Psychology based degree would be advantageous). Strong academic background Prior experience as a 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant, Tutor, or other relevant fields such as Youth Work or Support Worker roles would be advantageous. Desire to support pupils with SEN Aspirations to become an SEN Teacher, Educational Psychologist, or SENCO Proactive and engaging personality.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate with aspirations to specialise in SEN education.
- Excellent weekly pay, paid into your account every Friday
- Dedicated consultant who supports you through your placement
- Guaranteed work, 5 days a week at the same, consistent school
- Online training courses available for you, FREE or discounted
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities for professional development
- Regular reviews and pay increases based on performance
- Rewarding job with an excellent, supportive team around you
- Invites to Protocol Education coffee mornings and events hosted for candidates
- Recommend a friend incentive scheme earning up to £250 per person (uncapped!)
- Have experience working in a SEN setting
- Have experience working with SEN children and willing to help with pupil’s personal care needs if required
- Be a team player with a flexible approach to teaching
- Be confident working 1:1 with a KS1 child
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- The ability to make a positive contribution to the school as a whole
To be considered, apply today! - all applicants will be considered by Lewis.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.