Have you been searching for an SEN based role with a specific interest in autism where you can learn from industry professionals? Perhaps you're keen to utilise your teaching abilities, or maybe you're looking to gain more experience? Do you want to make a real, lasting impact on a young person's life?
If this sounds like you, then apply for this 1:1 Autism Teaching Assistant role at a warm and welcoming primary school in Gateshead.
As a 1:1 Autism Teaching Assistant at the school, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced SEN Teaching Assistants, SEN Teachers, and Educational Psychologists within the Inclusion team. This school are keen to work with committed and talented graduates and are passionate about delivering the highest level of support to their children.
Role Description: 1:1 Autism Teaching Assistant Support a child with Autism on a 1:1 basis, both academically and pastorally Work within a main classroom setting but creating specialised sessions. Great opportunity to work alongside a qualified teacher and experience school life.
Long-term role, from January 2023 Full-time position, Mon Fri Paid 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant placement 80 - 90 per day (term-time only) Deliver Maths and English intervention support Help with emotional support Act as a good role model for all pupils 1:1 Autism Teaching Assistant. Work with highly experienced staff in the Inclusion team Supportive SLT Opportunity to work with industry professionals Regular training and support Warm and welcoming primary school Supports professional development for committed 1:1 Autism Teaching Assistants! 1:1 Autism Teaching Assistant Experience and Qualifications 2:1 or above in any subject (Psychology based degree would be advantageous) Strong academic background Prior experience as a 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant, Tutor, or other relevant fields such as Youth Work or Support Worker roles would be advantageous Desire to support pupils with SEN Aspirations to become an SEN Teacher, Educational Psychologist, or SENCO Proactive and engaging personality This role is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate with aspirations to specialise in SEN education.
- Excellent weekly pay, paid into your account every Friday
- Dedicated consultant who supports you through your placement
- Guaranteed work, 5 days a week at the same, consistent school
- Online training courses available for you, FREE or discounted
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities for professional development
- Regular reviews and pay increases based on performance
- Rewarding job with an excellent, supportive team around you
- Invites to Protocol Education coffee mornings and events hosted for candidates
- Recommend a friend incentive scheme earning up to £250 per person (uncapped!)
- Have experience working in a Primary School setting
- Have experience working with SEN children and willing to help with pupil’s personal care needs if required
- Be a team player with a flexible approach to teaching
- Be confident working 1:1 with a KS1 child
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- The ability to make a positive contribution to the school as a whole
Don't delay, apply today - all applicants will be considered.
call us at 0191 279 7270 and ask for Lewis or email me at email@example.com.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.