Protocol Education are currently seeking Graduates who are passionate and confident to begin a career as a Learning Support Assistant. We are working with a number of local Secondary Schools across the Newcastle, North Tyneside, Gateshead, Sunderland and South Tyneside area. This is a fantastic opportunity for any graduate considering a career in teaching, educational psychology, art therapy or occupational therapy.
You must be available to work full time basis (Monday to Friday during term time only). We have roles beginning immediately (pending clearance) until at least July 2023.
- You will be working 1:1 and in small groups with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilites (SEND).
- You will be expected to accompany and support children in all their lessons, including English and Maths.
- You will provide pastoral support and work under the direction of the classroom teacher.
- A good level of numeracy and literacy is required, but in-depth subject knowledge in any area is not essential. We are looking for personality and transferable skills.
- University degree
- Be able to work Monday-Friday (Full-time)
- Have a passion for working with children
- Have previous experience working with children (not essential)
- Have the Right to Work in the UK
Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- £250 Refer a Friend Scheme
- Ongolng honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
The roles are entry level positions and no previous experience is required. Many of our previous graduate teaching assistants have gone onto a successful career in teaching or furthered their studies in educational or forensic psychology.
If you think you have the relevant experience and are passionate about working with children, Apply now to avoid disappointment.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.