Are you a graduate? Or have you graduated in the last few years? Are you thinking of a career in teaching but would like to get some school-based experience first? If so, Protocol Education would love to hear from you!
Protocol Education is a multiple award-winning specialist provider of classroom-based staff to schools and academies in England. We provide our 4,000 clients with the full range of classroom-based staff on both a temporary and permanent basis.
We are currently working with schools in Harrow in the order to recruit Graduate Level Learning Support Assistant.
The schools are looking for people who are ambitious and passionate about working with children and want to make a difference. They also need the person to be willing to commit to a long-term role and someone who is reliable with attendance and punctuality.
Our support assistants’ duties can include:
• Working with small groups of pupils
• Providing intervention support and various teaching methods
• 1:1 support for special education needs (SEN) and lower ability pupils
The ideal applicant will have:
• Some experience of working with children or in a school
• A real passion for education and improving the attainment of pupils.
• Bags of creativity for stimulating and engaging pupils with a variety of needs
• 2:2 degree or higher in English, Maths or a Science-based subject
• 2:1 degree or higher in any other subject
• A genuine interest in entering the teaching profession in the future.
• A positive and proactive personality!
Highlights of becoming a Protocol Education Learning Support Assistant
• Full-time positions available
• Develop your knowledge of the national curriculum.
• Experience working with SEN children.
• Ideal post for graduates with a SEN background looking to move into a career in education.
If you already have experience of working with young people that would be a bonus, however if you have no experience as of yet we would still be interest! Please apply today!
How to apply:
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below - or get in touch with us directly via the Protocol website. Please note:
- If you have been outside of the UK for more than 6 months in the last 5 years then please provide a translated Overseas Police Check.
- We will need 2 references to cover the last 24 months.
- Please be prepared to provide us with your Right to Work in the interview process.
- You will need a DBS on the Update Service or be willing to purchase one through Protocol.
We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.