Are you passionate about working with children? Protocol Education are seeking passionate and driven Graduates to work as a Teaching Assistant in a school in Newcastle upon Tyne (UK). You will provide 1:1 and group support to children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilites (SEND), Social Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH) and some with challenging behavioural issues, in both the classroom and the Learning Support Unit.
You will be working alongside the teacher whilst supporting children that have a range of complex needs, for example, children with Autism and ADHD, depression and anxiety. Some children may have poor communication skills and require additional support with speech and language. Some children may also display challenging, and at times aggressive behaviours, stemming from behavioural issues.
This role requires you to have patience and great listening skills, in order to provide the highest level of support to the children on a daily basis.
You must be able to work Monday- Friday (full-time) and have an Enhanced DBS/be willing to obtain one.
This is a great opportunity for any recent Graduates or previous Teaching Assistants seeking to build experience working in a rewarding setting with children.
- Working Monday-Friday 8:30am- 3:30pm (sometimes 8am-4pm)
- Working alongside the teacher to support the children in class (you will work in a range of different subjects)
- Ensuring that the pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
- To develop knowledge of the particular needs of the children and seek advice from the SENCo, class teacher and outside agencies as required.
- Provide positive reinforcements, praise and rewards to pupils.
- Developing speech and language
- Motivate pupils to learn and be sociable.
- Hold a university degree
- Have an Enhanced DBS/ be willing to obtain one
- Have excellent communication and team work skills
- Provide suitable reference details
- Be able to work Monday-Friday (term time)
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with young children
We can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- £250 Refer a Friend Scheme
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are committed to working positively to provide the best possible learning opportunities for the schools pupils, Apply Now.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.