Are you a recent graduate looking to gain some experience in schools before taking the next steps in your career?
Take your first steps in the education and training industry, with this fantastic opportunity!...
A Graduate Education Assistant is required on a full-time basis for September 2023. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven Graduate to develop at in a specialist SEND setting in Sheffield.
You would be working as a specialist Education Assistant, providing support to students with additional needs such as autism, behavioural, mental health and learning difficulties.
Previous experience working with children or adults with additional needs is ideal, however, school-based experience isn't necessary. The school are looking for someone with a great attitude, willingness to learn and a passion for education.
Graduate Teaching Assistant Description:
- £77 - £85 per day
- September 2023 Start
- Full-time, term time only
- Based in Sheffield
About the Graduate Education Assistant Role:
- Provide teaching support in both class based and small group/ 1:1 interventions to ensure children can progress confidently
- Assist the teacher in day-to-day classroom duties as required - e.g. with preparation of the classroom, material and displays to ensure outstanding teaching
- To maintain a positive, supportive attitude within a team
Ideal Graduate Teaching Assistant:
- Previous experience working with children and/or adults with additional needs
- A passion for education and creating an inspirational environment for children to flourish within
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative and confident to use your innovation to create fun and exciting activities!
- Have a current DBS or willing to apply for one through Protocol (cost of £38)
By registering with Protocol we can offer you:
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success.
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability.
- Training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor.
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous bonus.
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
We have vacancies across Sheffield, South Yorkshire and surrounding areas.
If you are interested in this Graduate Teaching Assistant role, then apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.