Are you a passionate Geography teacher seeking an exciting opportunity in a thriving secondary school?
On behalf of a mainstream secondary school, Protocol Education are currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Geography teacher to join their Humanities department.
As a Geography teacher, you will play a pivotal role in nurturing students' understanding of the world around them.
Your expertise will contribute to raising attainment and achievement rates while adhering to the school's policies and procedures.
This is secondary school is filled with different backgrounds and talents, it is essential that you demonstrate resilience and abilities to motivate the classroom.
As well as to educate the aims of this school is to identify the creativity and spirituality elements of their students whilst building resilience. In the latest Ofsted rating this school scored Good, maintaining a high level of education.
- Cultivate students' curiosity and deepen their understanding of Geography through engaging and innovative teaching methods.
- Strive for excellence in all areas, fostering a positive learning environment where students can thrive academically and personally.
- Collaborate with colleagues to deliver outstanding lessons, ensuring alignment with the National Curriculum and key stages 3 and 4.
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for Geography, inspiring students to appreciate its significance and relevance in the modern world.
- Efficiently plan and mark lessons, ensuring students receive personalized feedback and support.
- Excellent knowledge of Geography, combined with a deep passion for the subject.
- Up-to-date understanding of the National Curriculum, ensuring teaching materials and methods are relevant and engaging.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, enabling effective interaction with students and colleagues.
- Ability to plan and mark lessons effectively, tailoring them to meet the individual needs of students.
- Previous experience teaching Geography at key stages 3 and 4 is desirable, but NQTs are encouraged to apply.
In return for your commitment, we offer:
- The opportunity for career growth and development.
- Support from a creative and friendly team of educators.
- Access to excellent facilities and resources.
- An ambitious and forward-thinking school environment.
The salary for this role varies between 150 - 250 per day, depending on experience
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.