Protocol Education is working with a secondary school within South Gloucestershire looking for a Geography Teacher. The school is considering both experienced Teachers and Early Career Teachers (ECT’s).
About the school:
A small mainstream Secondary School, ages of 11-16 & Sixth Form. The schools caters for the local area and has a fantastic low turnover with many teachers, support staff and SLT being part of the school for a number of years. This is down to the school having an ethos which is unique to them and one that is highly inclusive of the pupil's needs and offers a individualised approach to learning.
Teachers are encouraged to progress and the school offers excellent regular training with opportunities to progress. The school are particularly keen to support ECT's and offer permanent contracts to keep their curriculum, school and students equipped with fresh, relatable knowledge that is inspiring to not only the students but the whole staff team.
About the role:
The role will include teaching Geography to KS3 & KS4 students, planning, marking & assessment, tutor group and extra curricular activities.
Start date: Monday 15th April - Closing date for applications is Wednesday 27th March at midday.
To be successful for this role, you will:
- Have experience in teaching History or Religious Studies in a UK school or educational organisation.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status
- Ideally have experience of teaching a wide age range of pupils within KS3&KS4.
- Be passionate about language and the ongoing development of children.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner with excellent behaviour management
- Be an enthusiastic subject specialist.
- Be an exemplary communicator.
- Possess the vision and drive to ensure all our students are able to succeed.
- Motivate, challenge, support and inspire our students.
- Be committed to closing gaps and raising attainment across all abilities, whatever their starting point.
Does this sound like you? Then working with Protocol Education as a valued employee you can benefit from:
- Flexible job opportunities to work around you
- Permanent opportunities
- Excellent rates of pay, weekly through PAYE
- Dedicated consultant to provide continued support during your placements
- CV support, interview preparation & guidance
- Access to free & heavily discounted training courses to support your ongoing professional development
- Free Webinars on a variety of relatable topics - chosen by our Educators
- NQT/ECT Networking
- Free Pizza & Bowling events
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.