General Cover Teacher
Protocol Education are currently recruiting General Cover Teachers to work in a Secondary Schools in North Somerset
A secondary school in North Somerset are looking for Teachers (QTS), or Cover Supervisors/Unqualified Teachers to work on a flexible basis covering a variety of the secondary curriculum, without the responsibility of planning or marking.
As these are cover roles only, all planning and marking will be already be completed and available for you to access prior to covering the lessons in your given timetable. This would be ideal for an experienced teacher who maybe wants to take a step out of full teaching responsibilties and take more of a cover role which can be flexible, guaranteed and stress free without planning and marking and the full teaching role. It could also be very desirable for an ECT who is looking to gain further teaching and classroom experience before embarking on their 1st teaching role as an ECT.
Pay: Dependant on QTS and experience
Start date: From 23rd January 2023
Hours: Any days between Monday & Friday (part time & full time options available) - 8.30am - 3.30pm
Qualifications: QTS if applying as a Teacher
This role can be a flexible contract, or a guaranteed work agreement for additional security
Protocol Education are looking for candidates who;
- Believe that every student, regardless of their background or need, can make outstanding progress
- Are resilient, determined, creative and inspirational in their style and presence as a leader
- Utilise a variety of teaching methods to present engaging, thoughtful lessons and CPD sessions
- Are caring and has the drive and passion to continue to develop strong relationships and the well being with staff, students, parents, governors, professionals and the local community
- Is modern with excellent facilities including Apple Mac studio, Dance Studio and Sports Hall
- Has a large on-site car park
- Has a bus stop directly outside with links to Bristol and other areas of North Somerset
- Is a 20 minute walk from the nearest train station
- Is commited to the development of its staff through exclusing training and upskilling days, as well as access to free CPD
- Optional social events and team get-togethers
Protocol Eduction can offer;
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- CPD during half term or summer & online courses available anytime
- £250 refer a friend rebate
- Free Webinars
- Social events
- NQT/ECT network and community
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
If you would like further information on the role or to apply, please do get in touch on our website or apply directly through this advert.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.