Are you an Aspiring Teacher and seeking experience working with children?
Protocol Education are currently seeking Graduates and Future Teachers to work as Teaching and Learning Support Assistants in a local school in Newcastle upon Tyne (UK).
Your role will consist of providing 1:1 and group support to children with Special Needs and Disabilities (SEND) who are at the most crucial stage of their development.
In this profoundly rewarding job, you will work in a school supporting vulnerable young pupils at the beginning of their education.
You must be available to work Monday-Friday (term-time only). You will be earning between £350-400 a week whilst working towards going forward in your career as a teacher.
- Supporting children with SEND on a 1:1 and small group basis.
- Ensuring that the pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
- To develop knowledge of the particular needs of the children and seek advice from the SENCo, class teacher and outside agencies as required.
- Provide positive reinforcements, praise and rewards to pupils.
- Motivate pupils to learn and be sociable.
- To understand and apply the school policies on learning and behaviour, and the statutory guidelines relating to disability discrimination and special educational needs.
- To maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to the pupils’ needs but have regard to the safeguarding procedures of the school.
We can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- £250 Refer a Friend Scheme
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are committed to working positively to provide the best possible learning opportunities for the schools pupils, Apply Now.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.