Start date: ASAP
Are you a highly motivated and outstanding classroom practitioner seeking a job in the Walthamstow area?
Protocol Education are working with a college in Walthamstow wo are seeking to recruit a Further Education Teaching Assistant.
You will be responsible for supervising and providing support to students 1-1 and/or in group or whole class interventions.
Working in close collaboration with the classroom teacher you will have the duties of assisting in the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies.
This thriving college in Walthamstow is committed to improving the educational outcomes of their students.
One of the key values of the school is to provide an inclusive environment where pupils are encouraged to be the best, they can be hence why they scored Good in their latest Ofsted report.
Knowledge & Training:
- Degree level or equivalent
- Some knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Provide support for identified students, in 1:1, group or whole class situations, ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Assist in the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies, working with the teacher to ensure the provision supports each identified student’s learning needs
- Assist in evaluating identified students’ progress through agreed assessment activities
- Lead small group sessions and interventions as appropriate
- Support with behaviour management, using appropriate strategies in line with academy policy
- Contribute to creating a purposeful and supportive learning environment
What the school can offer you:
- Term time only
- Well-equipped and resourced classrooms
- Friendly and supportive environment with inclusive practices
- Continued professional development
- Good link to public transport and street parking
If you would like to be considered for this Further Education Teaching Assistant post, please apply immediately.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.