Protocol Education is recruiting! We are working with a rane of schools in North Somerset, and Weston-Super-Mare in partiulcar, looking to hire a dedicated team of Teaching Assistants and Learning Support to aid students in their learning development and engage them to reach their full potential through a love for learning. You do not need to be a qualified teacher for this role but experience within education in a professional, or voluntary capacity will be valued. The school is forward-thinking and open-minded with a passion for supporting their staff body in a nurting environment.
What the school is looking for:
- Experience of working with children with a range of SEND
- An understanding of the national curriculum framework and know how to adapt activities to suit the needs of the learner
- A good understanding of how to modify and adapt the school day to meet the needs of an individual child
- Prompt arrival to work with a proactive attitude
- An ability to be flexible, positive and good humoured; proactively seeking creative ways of meeting children’s needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Deliver small group intervention, where needed
- Give clear and effective teaching to secure pupil progress whilst assessing their development
- Tracking the progress and attainment of pupils
- Provide assessment feedback to teachers
- Use ‘provision map’ to record student progress and be responsible for the management of student educational healthcare plans.
What the school can offer:
- A collaborative and supportive team of likeminded educators
- CPD training and career development opportunities
- Picturesque locations with excellent learning facilities
- Free on-site parking in the majority of cases.
What protocol can offer:
- CPD training including Team Teach
- Ongoing advice and support from our dedicated team
- £50 bonus if you refer a friend to Protocol Education.
If interested in this role, you must already hold the right to live and work in the UK with a comprehensive CV and references to cover your last 24 months of work experience. Third party DBS's on the update service can be accepted - please inform us if you hold one of these.
If this role appeals to you, Apply Today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.