Support Worker Needed.
I am working alongside a lovely school in the London Borough of Bromley for students aged between 4 and 19 years. This school cares for children with complex medical needs and physical disabilities. Having a strong belief that learning is an adventure, they provide inspirational and creative opportunities and experiences to enable every individual to grow and become the best version of themselves!
The successful candidate should:
- Have experience working within a Special Educational Needs school and preferably experience in complex medical needs and physical disabilities
- Have a good/strong academic background
- Hold an up-to-date DBS or be willing to apply for one – MUST BE ON THE UPDATE SERVICE
- Hold a safeguarding qualification or be willing to complete a safeguarding course
ALL APPLICANTS MUST WILL REQUIRE THE APPROPRIATE QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING FOR THIS ROLE AS WELL AS THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK.
- You will be required to work alongside and support the classroom teachers and other teaching assistants with everyday activities and lessons.
- You will be required to support students with their academic learning and their own individual needs.
- To work in small groups and adapt lessons/activities to suit the ability of the child/children that you are working with.
- To support the students with personal care and with the administration of medication
If you think that you are the right candidate for this role, then we would love to hear from you! Please apply and someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible to discuss this role further!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.