Are you passionate about working with pupils with special educational needs?
Do you have experience supporting students in a school environment?
If so, Protocol Education has the perfect opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking a SEN Teaching Assistant to join a brilliant school in Islington. As a SEN TA, you will support pupils with a range of needs, including autism, ADHD, and dyslexia, in order to help them reach their full potential.
About the School:
- Supportive and inclusive
- Dedicated staff who are committed to providing the best possible education for their students
- Excellent facilities and resources
- A strong focus on professional development for all staff
About the role:
- Working closely with the SENCO and other members of the SEN team to develop and implement strategies to support pupils with SEN
- Providing one-to-one and/or small group support to pupils in lessons and during intervention sessions
- Monitoring and tracking the progress of pupils with SEN, and providing regular feedback to teachers and parents
- Supporting pupils with social, emotional, and behavioural difficulties, and promoting positive behaviour and attitudes
What we need from you:
- A minimum of six months' experience working with pupils with SEN in a school environment
- A strong understanding of different SEN needs and strategies to support them
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with pupils, staff, and parents
- A patient, empathetic, and positive attitude towards working with pupils with SEN
- A willingness to learn and develop your skills as a SEN TA
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply now and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.