Are you a recent Graduate looking for work as a Learning Support Assisant (LSA)? Are you passionate about working with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities? (SEND). We have a number of positions available at the moment across local Secondary Schools in Newcastle upon Tyne (UK), with roles beginning immediately. You must be available to work Monday-Friday (full-time, term time only).
Protocol Education are currently seeking to recruit passionate, resilient and confident LSAs who can provide 1:1 or group support to children who have SEND and challenging behaviours at a local secondary school in Newcastle upon Tyne. If you are committed to working positively to provide the best possible learning opportunities for the schools pupils, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to advance your career in a rewarding environment!
- Providng 1:1 support to children or in small groups with SEND needs
- Supporting and encouraging young children to learn and achieve their goals and targets
- Using initiative in meeting the needs of the child and in adapting and/or developing activities and games that support the development of the child’s independent communication and learning skills
- Working closely with class teachers and staff, parents, special needs leader, and outside agencies
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a calm and consistent approach and understand how to respond to challenging behaviours
- Hold a university degree
- Be able to work Monday-Friday (term time)
- Have experience and/or knowledge of working with children with SEND (not essential)
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with young children and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of
- £250 Refer a Teacher scheme
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge and have the suitable qualifications and personal qualities, we would encourage you to Apply Now.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.