Full-Time Classroom Support Assistant Needed!
Are you looking for a new adventure in the new year?
I am looking for a Full-Time Classroom Support Assistant to work with students at an alternative provision in the London Borough of Bromley. This school supports students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs/difficulties and supports them to overcome barriers to their learning. As a therapeutic school with therapy available on site, the students have access to a wide range of different sessions. These include Drama therapy, Music therapy, Psychodynamic therapy and much more. I am looking for someone to work with the students in classrooms, small groups and occasionally 1:1.
The successful candidate should:
- Have a good/strong academic background (GCSE’s, A-Levels, Degree etc.)
- Have the relevant experience (Childcare, SEND, School-based work etc.)
- Be available Monday-Friday during 8am-4pm!
- Hold an up-to-date DBS or be willing to apply for one – MUST BE ON THE UPDATE SERVICE
- Hold a safeguarding qualification or be willing to complete a FREE safeguarding course
ALL APPLICANTS MUST WILL REQUIRE THE APPROPRIATE QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING FOR THIS ROLE AS WELL AS THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK.
- You will be required to work alongside and support the classroom teachers and TAs with everyday activities and lessons.
- You will be required to support students with their academic learning and their own individual needs.
- Ensure you are implementing the schools’ rules and policies and supporting the students with learning and following these.
If you think that you are the right candidate for this role, then we would love to hear from you! Please apply and someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible to discuss this role further!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.