Flexi-Cover Teacher - SEND School - Bristol
Protocol Education are working with schools throughout Bristol to appoint committed Cover Supervisors/Flexi-Teachers to become a vital part of their teaching staff.
• As a flexi-cover teacher, you will work across all year groups as and when needed. Either covering lessons due to staff absence, extra teaching support, interim recruitment or training.
• Carry out work pre-set by class teacher to a high standard
• To manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they undertake their work and ensuring a constructive and positive environment is always enforced.
• De-escalating situations within the classroom in the correct way certifying safeguarding procedures are always adhered.
• Collecting of work at the end of the lesson and returning it to the appropriate recipient.
• Reporting any safeguarding concerns using the school’s referral procedures and safeguarding policies.
• Qualified Teacher Status is not essential, however would be a huge bonus to a school. You may have Further Education experience, lecturing or tutoring experience, coaching or project leading from a childcare or young adult background
• Someone who truly cares for the education of children and thrives in an environment working with likeminded individuals.
• A person who has a passion for installing confidence, knowledge and skills into forming children into becoming members of society later in life.
• Somebody with desire to go the extra mile for their students and truly influence their futures.
• A character who truly makes a difference in the classroom and enjoys working with young people.
• Excellent communication skills; Verbal/written and reading comprehension
• Degree Educated
• Proven track record of positively impacting the lives of children, please note - this can be in any field.
• Right to work in the U.K.
Benefits of Supply Teaching
• Flexible work which means this can fit in with other work commitments/childcare/studies
• Guaranteed work scheme (please contact us to find out more)
• Support and gaining new experience and roles for ECT's (often that lead into long term/permanent positions)
• Gaining experience in a variety of Secondary schools, including SEND Schools
• Low level/ no planning & marking when covering daily supply
• Looking to get back into teaching, supply is a great way to refresh and re familiarise before going into a permanent role
Protocol Education are looking for candidates who;
- Believe that every student, regardless of their background or need, can make outstanding progress
- Are rigorous, relentless, determined, creative, creative and inspirational in their style and presence as a leader
- Utilise a variety of teaching methods to present engaging, thoughtful lessons and CPD sessions
- Are caring and has the drive and passion to continue to develop strong relationships and the well being with staff, students, parents, governors, professionals and the local community
What to Expect from Protocol Education;
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- Guaranteed work agreements that guarantee consistent work and income
- CPD during half term or summer
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
- Guidance and support from an experienced team with over 31 years experience in the education and recruitment sector
- Free Webinars on topical, relevant information within schools to enhance and keep professional knowledge updated
- £250 refer a friend rebate
- NQT/ECT network community that supports new and existing teachers
- Social events & termly awards that celebrate outstanding performance and commitment
Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2022, REC audited, Investor In People, CPD Member
If you are interested in this role please apply through this advert or apply on our Protocol Education website.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.