Protocol Education are seeking to appoint a Finance Manager on behalf of a secondary school located in Leytonstone starting in January 2023.
As a Finance Manager you will be reporting to the Head of Finance and Operations as well as managing a small finance team.
You will be in full control of maintaining effective reporting systems for budgeting and managing the reports.
The successful candidate must have the ability to provide effective and high-quality financial management.
In order to be successful within the post you must have a background in financial management and experience with supporting in an educational setting would be advantageous, but applications will still be considered if you do not meet the requirement.
The school is surrounded by likeminded practitioners who strive for greatness, you must have high standards and expectations in all areas of school life and will be committed to a teamwork approach.
This secondary school that has had four consecutive outstanding OFSTED reports, the most recent being in January 2018.
Experience & Knowledge
- Part qualified or qualified accountant
- Knowledge of PS / IRIS Financials software is desirable
- Knowledge of accounting standards applicable to academy schools is desirable
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures for young people
- Previous experience in a financial/accounting field
- Strong ICT and data analysis skills, including experience of working with databases
- Exceptional people skills, including excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Must have the ability to work well under own direction and as part of a team.
If you are interested in this post as a Finance Manager, please apply immediate as this post will start in January 2023.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.