Therapeutic Education Practitioner- SEMH TA
Location Waltham Forest
You must be able to commute to Waltham Forest (East London)
A School in Waltham Forest are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join their team ASAP. The school provides specialist day education across two sites, and within the community, for exceptional neurodiverse children from key stages KS2- KS5. The School delivers a Therapeutic Education, Health & Care solutions for children and young people with complex and additional needs, who have not been able so far to succeed in mainstream education.
Are you looking to gain more experience within SEN and provide young individulas the knowledge, tools and confidence to develop their love of learning.
- A passion for helping young people to find their self-worth
- An ability to inspire, challenge and motivate young people to discover a love of learning
- Emotional robustness and an empathic therapeutic presence
- Self-awareness, and knowledge of your own trauma triggers and defence mechanisms.
- An accepting, compassionate attitude towards others
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member within a professional multi-disciplinary team
- Personal care maybe required
- DBS on the update service.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.