Are you an experienced care assistant looking to put your experience and knowledge to work in a different sector? Are you fed up of working long hours around the clock and are looking for a better work life balance? Look no further as Protocol Education are currently looking to recruit SEND teacher assistances and support staff to work on a day to day or long-term basis dependant on your availability.
Working between the hours of 8:30am to 4pm, you will support children with physical disabilities in an educational setting. You will be expected to use your existing skills to create a strong bond between yourself and the students to ensure that each child is comfortable and getting the most out of their education. As well as assisting with the day to day running of the classroom, you will work with a close-knit team to provide excellent outcomes in each pupils learning.
The school caters to children with severe and complex needs and children with high levels of autism. Based just outside the centre of Sheffield, the children attending the school are aged between 11 and 19.Their aim is to ensure that students make the best progress they possibly can and for them to play a full and active part in the life of the school and in their communities.
To be successful, you must have valid training in Moving and Handling or be willing to attend the training. You must be compassionate, friendly and confident while willing to go the extra mile for both staff and children within the school.
In return, Protocol can offer:
- A dedicated consultant who understands the importance of finding the right role for you, allowing you to get the best out of your employment.
- Access to over 50 CPD courses of Diploma and Certificate level, used to help further your understanding and help you progress further within your career.
- Flexibility - Whether you’re wanting full or part time work, Protocol can work around you. We can offer you daily, long term or even permanent work.
- Competitive Rates
- Refer a friend scheme: £250 to any candidate who refers an individual who begins working for Protocol
- The opportunity to work with an agency who have gained recognition within our industry, through awards and accreditations.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.