We are actively recruiting for newly experienced SEN teaching assistants, support workers and classroom assistants from a wide variety of creative backgrounds such as acting, music, art who are keen to apply their creative skills within a supportive special educational needs school in Sunderland. The role can provisionally start during the Autumn term.
The school are looking for someone with a degree or strong background in core subjects to be able to lead and cover a variety of lessons throughout the school timetable.
You will work between 8:30am-3:30pm and will work Monday-Friday (full-time). With the position available immediately (pending clearance) until the summer.
- As a unqualified teacher/cover supervisor, you are responsible for supervising work pre-set in accordance with the schools’ guidelines, and ensuring such work is carried out to the best of their abilities
- Working with a set class of 6-8 students per class and working collaboratively with the class teacher.
- To manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they undertake their work and ensuring a constructive and positive environment is always enforced.
- De-escalating situations within the classroom in the correct way certifying safeguarding procedures are always adhered.
- Collecting of work at the end of the lesson and returning it to the appropriate recipient.
- Supporting students in creative lessons such as music, art, dance and P.E.
The ideal candidate:
- Will be available full time Monday – Friday.
- Right to work in UK and an enhanced DBS check (or be willing to acquire one).
- Is someone who truly cares for the education of children and thrives in an environment working with likeminded individuals.
- Will have the ability to deal with situations & behaviour calmly and sensitively.
- Will have a passion for young children’s education & shaping their future, adapting to their individual circumstances.
What you can expect from Protocol Education:
- An extremely competitive pay rate of £70 to £80 per day (dependant on experience)
- Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (No hidden umbrella costs)
- CPD courses & Free Webinars during half terms
- CV writing & support Social events, opportunity to network with other educational staff
- A team of professional and experienced consultants to guide you
- Around the clock support and assistance from Protocol Education
This role is ideal for someone seeing to gain valuable classroom experience prior to embarking on a teaching career, or a great opportunity for any graduates seeking a bold new career change.
If this is the role for you, apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.