Entry Level Special Needs Learning Support
Interested in working within the education sector?
Do you want to make a lasting impact on children’s lives?
Do you have a passion to work with children and young people with Special Education Needs (SEN)?
If yes, then Protocol could be the perfect opportunity for you to kick start your career in working with children within education.
About the Role:
Currently we are looking for Entry Level Learning Support Worker to help support students within a school in Westminster.
The school are looking for people who are ambitious and passionate about working with children and want to make a difference. They also need the person to be willing to commit to a long term role and someone who is reliable with attendance and punctuality.
Candidates who have a background as a graduate, nanny, care worker, youth worker, sports coach or any other previous experience that you think would have transferable skills would be highly recommended to apply.
Training and additional qualifications will be available and also the opportunity for progression within the school.
Our Learning Supports’ duties can include:
- Working with small groups of pupils
- Providing intervention support
- 1:1 support for SEN and lower ability pupils
The ideal applicant will have:
- Some experience of working with children or in a school
- A real passion for education and improving the attainment of pupils
- Bags of creativity for stimulating and engaging pupils with a variety of needs
Highlights of becoming a Protocol Education Learning Support Worker:
- Full-time positions available
- Develop your knowledge of the national curriculum
- Ideal post for graduates with a SEN background looking to move into a career in education.
How to apply:
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below - or get in touch with us directly via the Protocol website. Please note:
- If you have been outside of the UK for more than 6 months in the last 5 years then please provide a translated Overseas Police Check
- We will need 2 references to cover the last 24 months.
- Please be prepared to provide us with your Right to Work in the interview process.
- You will need a DBS on the Update Service or be willing to purchase one through Protocol.
We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.