Protocol Education are offering fantastic job opportunities to passionate, warm, caring and professional individuals to help support children with a range of special educational needs, including Autism, ADHD, Social & Emotional Mental Health (SEMH).
The school encourages a supportive and positive learning ethos that enables both staff and pupils to work and learn together to develop their full potential, providing the highest possible standards of education and support to children, families and staff.
They are looking to recruit an exceptional and inspirational teacher to join the school in September 2023 to provide our children with outstanding education. They are looking for an engaging individual who has the desire, drive and enthusiasm to make a difference to our pupils’ lives and who can make an immediate contribution to the way our pupils learn and interact. They should be dynamic in their approach to making learning fun and accessible for all pupils.
- Full time – Monday to Friday
- Working with a class of 6-8 students per class.
- Following individualised learning plan, as well as planning lessons tailored to the pupils.
- Understanding and applying the schools policies on learning and behaviour, and the statutory guidelines relating to disability discrimination and special education needs.
- Motivating pupils to learn and be sociable.
- Promoting independence where required by assisting with personal, physical or medical needs of children.
- Develop and implement individualized education plans for students with complex autism and high sensory needs.
- Assess student progress and modify teaching strategies as needed to ensure student success.
- Collaborate with families and other school staff to create a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
- Provide direct instruction, support and guidance to students, both individually and in group settings.
The ideal candidate will:
- Experience with supporting SEN (desirable).
- Have a genuine interest in working with SEN children and willing to help with pupils personal care if required.
- Previous experience working with students with complex autism and high sensory needs.
- Experience dealing with non-verbal students and supporting sensory seeking behaviors.
- Knowledge of effective teaching strategies for students with complex autism and high sensory needs.
- Have the ability to deal with situations & behaviour calmly and sensitively.
- Have a passion for young children’s education & shaping their future, adapting to their individual circumstances.
- Flexible job opportunities to work around you
- Excellent rates of pay, weekly through PAYE
- Dedicated consultant to provide continued support during your placements
- Opportunity to develop short term work into long term roles
- Access to training courses to support your ongoing professional development.
The successful candidate will work with an excellent staff team who are both forward thinking and innovative, and who have high expectations of themselves and the pupils they support. We value our employees and ensure our well-developed induction programme provides in depth support and guidance to you.
If you are committed to working positively to provide the best possible learning opportunities for the schools pupils, Apply Now. All applicants will be considered by the team. Alternatively, give us a call on 0191 279 7270
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.